Google Scholar: link. ORCID: 0000-0002-6802-4290
CURRENT WORKING PAPERS
- Researchers’ Degrees-of-Flexibility and the Credibility of Difference-in-Differences Estimates: Evidence From the Pandemic Policy Evaluations. With Joakim Weil. NBER working paper
- On the benefits of index insurance in US agriculture: a large-scale analysis using satellite data. With David Lobell. arXiv working paper
- With big data come big problems: pitfalls in measuring basis risk for crop index insurance. With David Lobell, Apratim Dey and Andrew Hobbs. working paper
- Supply response at the field-level: disentangling area and yield effects. working paper
- Global Yield Distributions since 1960. With Nathan Hendricks. working paper
- Exposures and Behavioral Responses to Wildfire Smoke. With Marshall Burke et al. Nature Human Behaviour www
- The effects of agricultural policy on supply and productivity: Evidence from differential changes in distortions. With N. Hendricks, A. Smith, Nelson and B. Villoria. Agricultural economics www
- Using Satellite Imagery and Machine Learning to Estimate the Livelihood Impact of Electricity Access. With Nathan Ratledge et al. Conditionally accepted at Nature NBER working paper
- Optimal index insurance and basis risk decomposition: an application to Kenya. With David Lobell. Conditionally accepted at American Journal of Agricultural Economics; arXiv working paper
- Social Distancing Responses to COVID-19 Emergency Declarations Strongly Differentiated by Income. With J. Weill, O Deschenes and M. Springborn. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences; www. Media coverage: Wired, New York Post, Los Angeles Times
- Stigler, M. tsDyn: Threshold cointegration: overview and implementation in R, Handbook of Statistics, Volume 42, p. 229-264, Elsevier
- Stigler, M. et al. Book review : Methods to analyse Agricultural Commodity Price Volatility, European Review of Agricultural Economics, 39:4, www
- Steffen, Stigler, M., Contract Management after milk quotas, in Yearbook of Socioeconomics in Agriculture, SSA, pdf
- Stigler, M. Commodity Price properties, in Safeguarding Food Security in Volatile Global Markets, FAO, pdf
- Prakash, A. and Stigler, M. The Economics of information and behaviour in explaining excess volatility, in Safeguarding Food Security in Volatile Global Markets, FAO, pdf
- Stigler, M. and Prakash, A. The Role of Stocks in Generating Volatility and Crisis, in Safeguarding Food Security in Volatile Global Markets, FAO, pdf
- Stigler, M. Tortora P. Food crisis : did prices rise faster than they fell ?, Research Topics in Agricultural and Applied Economics, Bentham Science Publishers, www
- Gairing, M., Mann, S., and Stigler, M. The end of Milk Quotas: Developments on the Swiss Milk Market, ART report series, no 732, www
- Measuring rotation effects in the US Corn Belt: a multiple diff-diff approach.
- Stylized facts on the US Corn Belt: a satellite tour. working paper
- Yield response to climate: new insights from functional data analysis.
- Within field variability and nitrogen leaching: is there a win-win conservation policy?